Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Zetas Drug Cartel in Mexico

           This picture is disturbing. This is a picture of bodies from the mass grave site. These are police standing around. I recieved all my information and pictures from CNN.

 I recently read an article on CNN that disturbed me. The article was on a mass grave site found in Mexico. The article went on to say that 16 Mexican police officers have been arrested for covering up the mass graves and protecting the Zetas drug cartel. Since 2006 when Felipe Calderon took the presidency of Mexico some 35,000 people have died in drug related incidents. So far 126 bodies have been found in the mass grave site. This is just appalling! This makes me sad that people especially cops can be bought by the drug cartels. Those Mexican police are supposed to protect their country and its people. Not sell out and allow the mass killings of people. We are supposed to be able to trust police officers. I’m very thankful I live in a wonderful nation.

2 comments:

  1. You really have a passion for international news. I think you have a great heart for it. This story is such an eye opener to see what is happing in other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story Breken. This is so sad. I had no idea that many people had died in Mexico since 2006. Just the picture could have told the story here.

    ReplyDelete