Sunday, February 20, 2011

CBS Reporter Almost Beat to Death in Egypt

On Friday February 11, Lara Logan was in Cairo’s square when she was attacked. She was in Egypt on an assignment for CBS. She was filming for 60 minutes. The protesters were actually in celebration of President Mubarak’s resignation. Logan and her staff were surrounded by a mob of 200 in the frenzy; she was separated from her group. She was almost beat to death and they sexually assaulted her. Reports say this was a brutal attack. She was saved by a group of Egyptian women and some twenty police men. I feel so bad for her. Literally a week before this happened I told Dr. Sanders I wanted to go to Egypt and cover these stories. Then this happened to a beautiful, smart, senior correspondent. I can’t imagine what she must be feeling. She was doing her job being a great journalist. I respect her so much. I think she has a lot of courage to tell the world that she was sexually assaulted, because the press can’t say when someone is sexually assaulted unless the victim says it’s okay. She is such a strong woman. I hope she pulls through this I am praying for her.

I recieved all of my information and picture from http://www.cbs.com/.

4 comments:

  1. This is just sad. She was sent over there to do her job. She is beaten and sexually assaulted. This was supposed to be a time of celebration for them too, that is the thing that gets me. It is hard to imagine what it is like to go through sometihng like that. I know it has to be traumatizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part about all of this is that she wasn't just sexually assaulted, she was raped by 32 different men

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sad but you never know what can happen in a foreign country. I mean that's just like here in the US, you can walk outside your day and be killed or raped. I feel bad for her, i think they should have more protection for our people when we go over seas to cover stories and other media. Because, people over there reall don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is our world we live in. Recently in California a reporter got shoved to the ground and her hair yanked and the second reporter got beaten over really nothing. It can be very tough to be a reporter these days.

    ReplyDelete